here are TOP-news from the digital world.
Read them, post comments below and enjoy our very own #LaSoftDigitalNews!:)
1. Facebook Pay is a new payment system for WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook
Facebook is launching a new payment system today, appropriately named Facebook Pay. It will be available across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp, and it’s designed to facilitate payments across Facebook’s popular social networks and apps. You’ll be able to use Facebook Pay to send money to friends, shop for goods, or even donate to fundraisers. The service will be separate from Facebook’s new Calibra wallet and the Libra network, and it’s “built on existing financial infrastructure and partnerships,” according to the company.
2. Most IT teams ‘believe that marketing doesn’t appreciate their work’
Over half (58%) of IT teams believe that marketing doesn’t appreciate their work, according to new research.
The study, from content management system (CMS) provider, Magnolia incorporates a survey of over 200 IT professionals and 200 marketers across both the UK and US and garners unique insights into the DX landscape and the attitudes both groups hold in relation to their peers.
3. Instagram Will Test Hiding ‘Likes’ in the US Starting Next Week
Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri announces that the platform will start hiding likes for US audiences starting next week. It’s the latest step in Instagram’s quest to become the safest place on the internet.
+ Removing Like Counts Leads to 11% Decline in Engagements
++ LEARN TO INSPIRE ACTION ON INSTAGRAM.
4. Analyze LinkedIn Sales Navigator usage data in Power BI
Power BI recently announced the GA of Power BI template apps, allowing Power BI users to gain immediate insights through prepackaged dashboards and reports that are created from a live data source without the need to connect to, model, or visualize the data.
The LinkedIn Sales Navigator Analytics Integration allows teams to seamlessly view and analyze Sales Navigator usage data within Power BI to increase sales effectiveness and maximize productivity.
5. The 4 Long-Term Ad Strategies That Pay Off (and The Mistakes to Avoid)
1. Run Page “Like” Campaigns
2. Promote Your Facebook Group
3. Leverage Lead Gen Ads to Boost Your Email List
4. Go Live To Build Retargeting Audiences
6. 4 Tips for Competing in Google & Facebook Ads
1. Add negative keywords constantly
2. Understand your match types
1. Tailor ads to your core platform
2. Align your bid strategy with your campaign’s core objective.
7. How marketers can take control of their data stack
Many modern brands have technology natives running marketing. Building massive databases, data pipelines, and advanced data processing systems are very much second nature to them. They are masters at managing their core operational data, like customer order history, surfacing it to make it simple to order the same thing again or personalizing the customer experience to recommend similar items.
All that data is central to their core experience and managing it well is mandatory for the brand’s operations. On the other hand, a data stack that pertains to where and how they advertise their products is not central to a brand’s operations and hence does not get managed with the same level of diligence.